Our Sargol Saffron
Sargol literally translates as “top of the flower”. Our Sargol saffron is made up of the red stigmas which have been professionally cut and separated from the style prior to drying. Stigmas cut this way don’t trap the moisture inside. If stigmas stay attached to the style, it keeps inside up to 30-50% dead weight and you pay for it. We only sell the stigmas (filaments).
Coloring power is the only measuring tool that assures you of consistent saffron quality. Based on ISO saffron grading standard, our Sargol saffron way passes the requirement of 190 for grade I. Our saffron’s coloring strength is 259.3. See grading saffron
In Iran Farmers don't use Chemical material for cultivation and our Sargol saffron has NO synthetic pesticides, NO food additives, NO preservative substances, and NO synthetic food coloring, so based on these true facts, we can claim that our Sargol saffron is ORGANIC.
Iranian Sargol Saffron / Saffron Threads (Filaments)
- Saffron threads (filaments) are all vivid crimson color with a slightly lighter orange-red color on the tips. This indicates that it’s not cheap saffron that has been tinted red to look expensive.
- Aroma is strong and fresh.
- No broken-off debris collected at the bottom of container.
- No other yellow or white plant parts (style) mixed in with the red threads .
- Fresh and current season's threads.
- Saffron threads are dry and brittle to the touch.
Low Grade Saffron Threads (Filaments)
- Saffron threads (filaments) displaying telltale dull brick red coloring which is indicative of age.
- Aroma is musty.
- Broken-off debris is collected at the containers bottom, indicative of age-related brittle dryness.
- Yellow and white plant parts (style) are not separated from the stigmas to add dead weight, an indication of low grade saffron. See grading & drying saffron
- Not a current season threads.
- Have moister trapped inside for adding dead weight.
Finally, a note about the difference between our Sargol saffron and saffron from a different origin is that we buy directly from the producer and packer of the saffron so there is no middlemen involved, therefore you won't be paying a higher price for lower quality. See grading & adultery
About Our Supplier
Our supplier takes measure on establishing a well equipped laboratory for the implementation of its quality objectives. Laboratory tests are conducted (spectrophotometer reports) for the power of coloring (Crocine), amount of bitterness (Picrocrocine), flavor (Safranal), and products percent of moisture, as well as microbial tests and the like. The company produces and packages the saffron in a completely hygienic environment with relying on its 79 years experience and with the aid of advanced technology presenting the best quality saffron in accordance to international standards.
Our supplier is very well known as the leading producer in Iran and it has proudly been successful to obtain the international certificates HACCP, ISO 9001-2000 and ISO 22000:2005 from SGS٭.